The African American Museum was founded in 1974 as a part of the Special Collections at Bishop College, a historically black college that closed in 1988. The Museum has operated independently since 1979. The African American Museum is the only one of its kind in the Southwestern Region devoted to the preservation and display of African American artistic, cultural and historical materials. It has one of the largest African American Folk Art collections in the US.
- Address 3536 Grand Ave., Dallas, TX 75210
- Website http://www.aamdallas.org
- Category Arts & Culture, Family, Free, History
- Location Dallas (Deep Ellum & Fair Park)
DART Rail Line / Bus Route
- Line/RouteGreen Line to Fair Park Station
DID YOU KNOW...
It holds one of the largest collections of African American Folk Art in the United States.