Aviation buffs can get up close with aircraft at this museum on the corner of Dallas Love Field Airport. The 100,000 square foot facility is home to over 30 aircraft and space vehicles, including early biplanes, WWII aircraft, the iconic 1939 “Flying Pancake” and the Apollo 7 command module. There are also exhibits, an auditorium, classrooms and conference rooms, a research library, and a children’s discovery area.
- Address 6911 Lemmon Ave., Dallas, TX 75209
- Website http://www.flightmuseum.com/
- Category Arts, Culture & History
- Location Dallas (Central)
DART Rail Line / Bus Route
- Line/RouteGreen or Orange Line to Inwood/Love Field Station, then Bus Route 529 to Lemmon @ University
DID YOU KNOW...
The collection got its start in 1963 when the publisher of Flight magazine, George Haddaway, donated his enormous collection of artifacts and archives to The University of Texas. The museum was established in 1988 to showcase the collection to the public.