The transformation of Garland from a 19th century farming outpost to a 21st century city is chronicled inside the former Santa Fe Train Depot, an historic landmark built in 1901. Exhibits include artifacts from early settlers like newspapers, farm tools, and quilts, as well as a wooden railroad car.
- Address 200 Museum Plaza Dr., Garland, TX 75040
- Website http://www.garlandhistorical.org/landmark-museum/blog
- Category Family, Free, History
- Location Garland
DART Rail Line / Bus Route
- Line/RouteBlue Line to Downtown Garland Station
DID YOU KNOW...
The Santa Fe Train Depot was built in 1901; it was nearly destroyed the same year when a train hit a cow, derailed, and crashed into a platform near the depot's waiting room.
- By mrenfro
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org