Before there was the Internet, trains connected people, goods, and news. In downtown Plano, the Interurban Railway Museum commemorates the rail that ran from Denison through Plano to Dallas and destinations beyond from 1908 until 1948. Located next to the picturesque gazebo, fountain, and playgrounds at Haggard Park, the museum is a must for history buffs, train enthusiasts, and budding conductors.
- Address 901 E. 15th St., Plano, TX 75074
- Website http://planoconservancy.org/
- Category Family, Free, History
- Location Plano
DART Rail Line / Bus Route
- Line/RouteOrange or Red Line to Downtown Plano Station
DID YOU KNOW...
The Texas Electric Interurban Railway was just one small part of the electric rail system in Texas; all told, the rail stretched nearly 500 miles.
- By mrenfro
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org