Almost 110 years ago, Dallas celebrated the grand opening of Lake Cliff Park with a Ferris wheel, water slide, and opera performances. Today, Cliff Dwellers go to Lake Cliff for walking, running, playgrounds, and sports fields. This gem of a park is a beautiful spot worth sharing with everyone, especially for picnics at the stone pavilion and pergola overlooking the lake’s fountain or the beautiful rose garden planted in the 1930s by the Oak Cliff Society of Fine Arts.
- Address 1200 N. Zang, Dallas, TX 75203
- Website http://friendsofoakcliffparks.org/product01.html
- Category Sports & Outdoors
- Location Dallas (Oak Cliff)
DART Rail Line / Bus Route
- Line/Route021 or 722 to Colorado @ Zang, or Dallas Streetcar to Beckley @ Colorado
DID YOU KNOW...
Lake Cliff Park once housed the first municipal swimming pool in the City of Dallas. A polio scare forced the pool to close in 1959.