Named for the visionary theatrical director who established the country’s first regional professional theatre company in 1947, the Margo Jones Theatre is a collective of small, independent theatre organizations who believe that new performance works should have a place to be tried out without fear of failure or success. Performances take place in the historic art deco theater at Fair Park’s Magnolia Lounge, built for the 1936 Texas Centennial. Today’s Margo Jones Theatre embraces the spirit of it’s namesake, staging new works as well as hosting music, literary, comedy and other arts events.
- Address 1121 1st Avenue, Dallas, TX 75210
- Website http://www.margojonestheatre.com/
- Category Arts & Culture, History
- Location Dallas (Deep Ellum & Fair Park)
DART Rail Line / Bus Route
- Line/RouteGreen or Orange Line to Fair Park Station
DID YOU KNOW...
The theater at the Magnolia Lounge was the country's first theater-in-the-round. Famed playwright Tennessee Williams premiered his controversial play "Inherit the Wind" here in 1955.
- By mrenfro
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org