Located in a former dry goods store right on the square in downtown Garland, the Plaza Theatre has offered inexpensive family-friendly films since 1941. Now, after a thorough restoration, the venue can host stage productions, concerts, and special events for over 300 guests at a time. The best part? Movies are now free.
- Address 521 W. State St., Garland, TX 75040
- Website http://www.garlandtx.gov/gov/eg/arts/plaza/
- Category Arts & Culture, Family
- Location Garland
DART Rail Line / Bus Route
- Line/RouteBlue Line to Downtown Garland Station, Bus Route 566 to Main @ 6th
DID YOU KNOW...
The Plaza Theater was built in 1941 and refurbished in the art deco style reminiscent of the era; it includes a spectacular chandelier, velvet seating, and a motorized waterfall curtain.
- By mrenfro
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org